How soon for "Cleanup Crew"?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
once cycling is done it is up to you and your tank. I put some in pretty quick to help with diatoms. Now they do great on the green algae

What would you start with? (and how many). I have a 32 gallon hex and starting to get the brown diatom on the tank. Reducing light to about 13 hrs a day (daylight bulb and a power glo bulb). Tank should be cycled within the next 5-7 days by the look of my chemical testing trends.

What would you start with? (and how many). I have a 32 gallon hex and starting to get the brown diatom on the tank. Reducing light to about 13 hrs a day (daylight bulb and a power glo bulb). Tank should be cycled within the next 5-7 days by the look of my chemical testing trends.

SOunds like you and I are at the same place. I'm figuring ona another week or more to be totally safe, and then I have the same question - which ones and how many??

I have a couple of brown diatom spots on my glass and little freckles on the sand. There is also some (very little) green algea of the two pieces of LR I have in my tank (I'll order the bulk of my LR in about 2 weeks, assuming the cylce is complete by then.)

Good luck and keep us posted.

I started a 30 gallon with 5 turbos after a few weeks, then after cycle I got a combo of nassarius and cerith snails from floridapets.com. Lots of places have those clean-up kits tailored to different size tanks.

I started my 28gal with 6 red leg hermits and 2 mexican turbo snails. My diatoms where gone in two days.

Back
Top Bottom