How to care for shrimp

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Keysman

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hi I am looking at keeping glass/speckled shrimp as a food source for my hawk fish (arce eyed) lion fish (zebra) and snowfall eel
What is the best way to maintain these shrimp over a long period

Has anyone have any experience in keeping these shrimp

Where you keeping them? I would put them in the fuge if you have one. They eat just like other shrimp.

Don't have one
Ive got a 17g coral tank which ive been putting them in but only 15 at a time and they are to hard to get out ( hiding in rock disturbing the tank other fish)
Ive got a small qt tank about 1 and a half foot long but I want to keep a large population I've also got a 90l bin which I could set up what shrimp do you have in your fudge

You could use the small tank with a hob and sand. I guess you could use the bin but it might be hard to see them from the top. Either way, all you need is sand in the tank. Really you dont have to have that but it will help them breed and have something to sift around in. But make sure you set up like a qt. Let the hob run on your established tank then put on the shrimp tank.

Back
Top Bottom