how to clean a tank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Paulcm10

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have a 20g high tank and I have read that I should do water changes and siphon the gravel to keep it clean.
(I plan on having red cherry shrimps and a bamboo shrimp with CPD or Ember Tetra)

but when I do water changes or siphon the gravel is there anytime that i should take my ornaments out and siphon the gravel underneath them?

and do I need to scrub the glass every once in a while with the algae scrub?

I tend not to disturb as much as possible, but keep things as clean as possible, so if I'm cleaning glass of the tank do it in the same water or alongside a pwc. I have no artificial decor but if I did I would leave this be as it would have a good surface area (fake plants, caves etc). If it is a simple setup i would take it out and clean the substrate, but if your trying to create a natural space then I would just clean what I could get at. If you are cleaning and in that mode then this can only be a good thing, keep the water clean, keep your filter rinsed but in only tank water but keep cleaning and keep asking questions here as you will only get good advice and help. It all depends on your setup and your dedication.

Back
Top Bottom