How to clear it from the water that is the question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gimincorp

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hello,
I suspect I´m a victim of Fish Tuberculosis. I honestly don't care how my hands look like or how it feels like when your skin is constantly cracking and peeling off. What I do care about is my mother constantly nagging me now about giving up my two beautiful (in my eyes) FW biotope aquariums (my 45 and 29 gallon) ones.
I can't do that as it is like giving up another dream of mine. Any idea how to cure the water in the tank? I can kill off all the fish (not so many in there to start with), but I also have snails, plants, substrate...
Also, am I re-introducing the desease in the tank when going there with my hands that are currently infected? Probably...

Because my dermatologist suspects so. I'm not sure if my fish are infected though, I'll have to check. I just added more fish into that tank yesterday.

You don't have to give up your tanks. All you need to do is to wear long gloves when you do tank maintanance. They sell long plastic exam gloves (for vets) that go up to your armpits <someone here mentioned using those due to an allergy issue.> Get a pair & you are safe from any reinfection until you get an accurate diagnosis from your dermatologist.

Back
Top Bottom