How to fix a slightly leaky tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fishlover3578

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Gt a 2 1/2 gal tank for 3$ it has a very slow minimum leak like barely drips out a little could I just put silicone on inside since its only siliconed on outside . It has a slate bottom

image-1293057161.jpg
What kind of silicone would I use like by brand names you can get at Home Depot or somewhere

go get some GE 1 silicone run a small bead all around the inside just like the newer tanks. or the pet stores sell aquarium silicone . i use the GE 1 from the hardware store all the time. i have a 20 gallon long like that one that im putting a new end piece of glass in .

I got something that said aquarium safe on it ... I may use it later to glue an air tube to inside of decor I'm using as a bubbler so tube doesn't always pop out

Duct tape! No im kidding these guys are right little aquariam safe silicone works great for many projects.

How bad does the seal in the corner look from the inside?

Before you do anything, fill the tank with very hot water. This will soften the mastic that holds the glass in place. It may allow it to seal itself. If it doesn't work, than run a bead of silicone along the seams.

I just put silicon on the inside cuz it's a slate botom tank and original sealant is on outside

Can I use leftover silicon to glue airs tone to indide of decor I want to use as a bubbler it has holes in top of it and I have been using it that way but hose never stays in very long

Can I use leftover silicon to glue airs tone to indide of decor I want to use as a bubbler it has holes in top of it and I have been using it that way but hose never stays in very long

Yes just make sure the surface is dry and you silicone the tube and not the stone.

Guess I have to go with buying more expensive thing then cuz I don't have any little tube connector things and only ones you can buy have tubing which I don't need cuz I have tubing just nothing to connect two different tubes together

Guess I have to go with buying more expensive thing then cuz I don't have any little tube connector things and only ones you can buy have tubing which I don't need cuz I have tubing just nothing to connect two different tubes together

I dont understand. You have the air pump. Tube plus into the air pump. On the other end of the tube you have an air stone. Just silicone the tube a couple inches before the end to the bottom of the decore and let it dry.

Back
Top Bottom