how to go brackish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
for active and colorful go for the platies :) They come in a variety of colors and are generally hardy. Mine would follow me if I walked bast the tank.

Angels are a bit harder to take care of.... Give yourself at least 6 months or so before getting one or two (not to mention a decent sized tank).... They grow quick.

mgamer is right in regards to size. Not all pleco's will grow to be as large as say, the "common pleco" there are many species available that will stay quite a bit smaller, including dwarf variety.
However, as mentioned, pleco's will do more harm than good when it comes to algae removal, and should not be purchased for this purpose.
Now, this is not, in any way to detour you from getting a pleco. If you plan to purchase one because you enjoy them (which many people do for some reason that I have never been able to understand. Lol. ), and you are prepared to handle the extra bio-load they will add to your tank, by all means get one. There are some pretty darn interesting species out there. (see: zebra pleco). Just bare in mind that they will require extra maintenance, as they are quite the little poop machines.

Back
Top Bottom