How to Lower Phosphate Levels...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Wingnut2754

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi Guys,
I have a question...I am trying to Get my Phosphate levels down on a few of my tanks...I have a 75 with rainbows in it...Right now the Readings are
Ammonia 0, Nitrite 0, Nitrate 60-80..I am doing water changes every 2 days now for a bit and its coming down..Phospahte is somewhere between 2-5ppm.. my tap water Phosphate is .25.. I have just switched to a FX6 Caninster seeded by one of my 406 canisters..I still have another 406 canister running along wth a Penguin 350..I am keeping them on for a while until the fx6 is the only filter..PH is about 7.5 The tank has been going great for about 3 years..Algae has not been terrible but it still shows up...
I am going to be starting a 90 gal FW with all male Peacock Cichlids ...I will be seeding another FX 6 with the other 406 media..
I do have another 29 gallon FW tank with a fluval 206 canister and Tiger Barbs..The numbers are all the same as above but the phosphate is .5ppm...so I am confused here..any help would be appreciated..I have thought about using chemi pure elite?

How much would I use for my FX 6 canister on my 75 and 90

And how often would I change

Back
Top Bottom