How to make a root tabs?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

meese-a-mew

Aquarium Advice Freak
I live in Canada so I would like to know what the stuff I need for it.
I know I need like capsules and the actual like fertilizer but which fertilizer(s) do I get and where do I get capsules?
Thanks in advance :)

I bought osmocote plus

Hey krissy....im setting up my first dirted aquarium today and i was wondering about that Osmocote. I was searching my local store and couldnt find osmocote plus but they had Flower and Vegetable and indoor and outdoor. My question is is it safe for fish? Based on the ingredients its other then phosphate it contains ammonium. Can you help clarify that for me? I just would have never thought you could use stuff like this in an aquarium.

Omocote plus is really hard to find and is not nearly as widely as available as it used to be. I have used dynamite (green bottle) as it contains more micros than regular osmocote and it works fine. It's actually a little cheaper as well.

I heard of people using that dynamite stuff. Never tried it, but hear it works! I got my osmocote plus online. So far so good.

Be careful when dirting the tank, you need organic potting soil. I used a natural organic mix, it has peat moss, and earthworm castings. I also put a cap of white sand over the dirt. The peat moss lowers my pH and earthworm castings are okay, just not animal poop. Plus some dirt can give you ammomia spikes! Go for the organic.

Well i used the miracle grow organic potting mix....and layered it with pea gravel....under the pea gravel i sprinkled some of that fert.....im gonna hope for the best i got a corkscrew val thats dying on me?

Health food stores and even walmart. Just ask the pharmacist, they will help you find anything you need. You can also his Amazon or iherb.com they are actually easier to find than you might realize. Just a warning I have never seen them in a contain that isn't so huge that it won't last you for the rest of your life!

I will certainly look there thanx guys! Is it normal for a dirted aquarium to turn and stay green? Heres some photos and i set it up yesterday...it wasn't much a mess thanks to some tips from fellow AA members but after siting like 5+ hours is was green as a lake....well i figiured it is normal and after work(i work midnites) this morning i bet i had to siphon and replace all the water(its a 29t) until it cleared up well i woke up to find it green again. What would cause that other then algae cuz i can imagine algae would grow that quick?

Attachments

• image-380650455.jpg
    image-380650455.jpg
    118.8 KB · Views: 53
  • image-816505108.jpg
    image-816505108.jpg
    128.2 KB · Views: 57
12hrs....reason i do is cuz im trying to save a corkscrew val. i just set it up yesterday tho is it possible to grow that quick? I understand 12hrs is too long do you have any recommendations as how i show try to save val?

Would anyone like to donate and root tabs to me? :p
PM me if you've got extras :)

Back
Top Bottom