How to make sure all fish eat?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sillyfishies

Aquarium Advice Addict
I just restocked my tank (never had this many fish) and I don't think everyone got food? How can u make sure everyone gets food? Do I have to worry about them not?

I just restocked my tank (never had this many fish) and I don't think everyone got food? How can u make sure everyone gets food? Do I have to worry about them not?

Fish can go without food for days and sometimes weeks... If a few don't get a flake or two don't worry about it. They will next time...

If your REALLY worried about it then throw some flakes in when you turn off the light..

Most fish if hungry will find a way to get it. My rainbows black skirt tetras and leopard gourami are very aggressive when eating. Happily my dwarf gouramis always head over to the other end of the tank near the filter and eat what it shoots down into the water. I don't mind this way all the food gets eaten. If hungry they will find a way,

What kind of fish do you have?

Fishes eat different foods, at different times, and in different areas of the tank. There are some tricks to feeding fish, but without knowing what you have, it's difficult to offer specific advice.

By the way, lots of food and lots of fishes, equals lots of water changes. Make sure you're monitoring the water parameters.

David

What kind of fish do you have?

Fishes eat different foods, at different times, and in different areas of the tank. There are some tricks to feeding fish, but without knowing what you have, it's difficult to offer specific advice.

By the way, lots of food and lots of fishes, equals lots of water changes. Make sure you're monitoring the water parameters.

David

I have 3 rams and 5 rosy barbs. I feed them pellets and brine shimp (what they feed at the shop). And I just tested my water today:)

The barbs are very fast; the rams are not. With that said, if you scatter the food throughout the tank, enough of it should reach the rams. Observe the tank during feeding and strategically drop the food so as to allow the rams to get an ample amount.

David

Back
Top Bottom