How to Propagate Anthelia

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SharkMan

Aquarium Advice Activist
I was hoping some one could help explain how to properly propagate Anthelia. I have been doing some research and I am still a little confused. with anthelia am I supposed to just cut a single stem or go for a cluster. Also am I supposed to try and separate the base from the rock? HELP. I am really confused.

I wish I knew how to stop it from spreading like a weed. I don't do anything but it just keeps spreading and it's to the point now where it covers almost 1/2 of the back glass of my tank.

When I frag it, I peel the base of it off the rock and super glue it to a piece of LR rubble and it spreads from there.

You could just cut the stalk off and it will regrow. A little nub will gow back of that stuff. I have some in my fuge and still grows.

I agree with cccapt as well. Eventually, you will have more than you want...

This coral can be a pest if left alone. Like they said peel off the rock or cut..
I had 1 stalk and it took over the top of my tank a few years ago.. My tank crashed and the only good thing that came out of that was it killed off the anthelia. Xenia is another pest is left unchecked.

Same process for dealing with Xenia?
I ended up with some on some LR I had shipped in...tiny.. but it's already doubled in size in a couple weeks (became two seperate ones, side by side).

Back
Top Bottom