How To Remove This?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TrueEnvy

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have a BN Pleco and some chines algae ears and one snail but thy wont seam to effect it a lot.. Is it and its jest vary slowly removing it? Well it take Over my tank? Or jest vary slow growing? And you can realy only see it at a angle

Attachments

• image-1182873209.jpg
    image-1182873209.jpg
    161.8 KB · Views: 62
  • image-1140506779.jpg
    image-1140506779.jpg
    156.8 KB · Views: 73
First off, The chinese algae eaters are a devil fish in a cute package. They get to be HUGE and aggressive as they get older. I got one once and it started attacking my fish within weeks.

That algae is generally too hard for plecos to remove but you might try nerite snails.

By far the best removal method for that algae is a credit card or customer loyalty card :)

You might also try dropping the photo period down to about 6 - 8 hours a day. This is generally very effective for controlling algae. Another thing you can try is lowering the nitrate and nutrient level in the tank through water changes.

Ya I know about the chines algae eaters lol but I've had them for 6M and the gold one is much LESS aggressive

And after I scrape it off would I jest leave it for the fish that would eat it?

And after I scrape it off would I jest leave it for the fish that would eat it?

if they aren't touching it now, i doubt they will eat it after you scrape it. i would siphon it out. if you don't want the algae you need to address the problem. it is caused by too much lighting, over feeding and not enough water changes. or a combination of all three

Well I've seen them try at is a little and it would be due to to much light in my tank....

Back
Top Bottom