How to set up a planted betta bowl

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

logansmomma1228

Aquarium Advice Addict
What do I need? I want to do some low-med light plants. Going to do more reseach on that tonight, but any advice would be appreciated. This is going to be my practice 'tank' so I know what I am doing when I plant the 29.

Plants
Dechlor (which you probably already have lol)
Desk lamp
Substrate
13-15w CFL Daylight Bulb
maybe some kind of pump or something to keep the water from going stagnant or possibly an air stone.

That's about all I can think of for now lol.

You also might wanna put some fish food in occasionally for some nutrients.

I have an air stone, just need a pump the one I have is broken. I have some gravel she gave me with the bowl, will I only be able to put certain plants in there?

really dont even need to dechlor the water. i would get a desk lamp or a clip on lamp. what kind of gravel did she give you. personally i would want something in there that looks nice. maybe a rock or small driftwood.

You might be able to keep it on the windowsill in the kitchen or something, but I guess algae might be a problem.

I think some people do this for their planted tanks. Clean out your filter pads, and put the mulm (the brown gooey stuff) and cover the bottom of the bowl. Then cover ("cap") it with your gravel or whatever you're using, and that should provide alot of the nutrients.

really dont even need to dechlor the water. i would get a desk lamp or a clip on lamp. what kind of gravel did she give you. personally i would want something in there that looks nice. maybe a rock or small driftwood.

She gave me some smaller sized gravel, but I am going to use PFS in the betta bowl. I put the gravel in the 5. Good idea with a piece of driftwood or something.

Also good idea about the "mulm" or we krap

One thing you should be aware of, is without poking holes in it you might get pockets of anaerobic bacteria. I think you might be able to have some mts in the bowl to take care of it for you though.

Back
Top Bottom