How to set up a planted tank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rhodricartref

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hello,

I am looking on turning my empty clear seal 60 liter tank into a planted tank. Can someone help me how to setup fhe planted tank and what do i need.

Thanks,

Rhodri Thomas

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

You need to research what you want out of the tank? Low light, easy plants? Med light, med maintenance? High tech, high maintanence stunner? ?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Wel i am looking flr something easy to keep but very nice.

What's your budget?

I dont have a budget but i want it to be as cheap as posible.

Ok, pick black sand or light sand, get a decent light, research low light plants like crypts, swords, anubias, mosses and water wisteria, camboba, java ferns. Get some nice drift wood and rock for a your harscape. Post back with pics and we'll get you set up.. as for lighting I recommend led's

Substrate is helpful in rooting plants and applying root tabs, I'd recommend pool filter sand or black blasting sand

And are the led's strips with air bubles good for this type of tank?

Pool filter sand is a type of sand used to filter pools.

No I wouldn't go with that. Go with something around the spectrum of 6500K. That is the color temperature. What are the dimensions of your tank?

Its ither 61cm x 30cm x 30cm or its 61cm x 38cm x 30cm.

Thows are the ones on my juwel rio 125. But if i get ones like these to put on the tank will it be enough light for a low planted aquarium?

Its ither 61cm x 30cm x 30cm or its 61cm x 38cm x 30cm.

Ok thats good. So its 24 inches long and 12 high. A great fit for that would be a finnex fugeray for low light, or a finnex fugeray planted+ or current satellite led+ for medium.

I'm guessing 2 T5NO lights would give you pretty good output at that height. Probably solid medium light.

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1407885361.276447.jpg

Ok. Can you give me now a list of every single thing you need to get a low planted aqaurium up and going please.

Back
Top Bottom