How to space out pwc

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SharpieItBlack

Aquarium Advice Regular
So my new batch of gel food made my tank cloudy and gross. With a residue on the walls.... yuck!! Not making that recipe again!!
After class tomorrow is my cleaning day. Can I do the usual 50% water change, then fill it up again, then do another water change right after? Or should I wait awhile, like an hr. Its never been this bad. Even in my 10g.
I just have one goldfish in a 30 gallon.

My fish is sluggish with this icky water and I want to clean this cloudy water soon and make it crystal clear like before! Haven't tested my water but there may be spikes in it.
I don't want to stress my fish with too many pwc in a row, but I don't want him stuck in the icky water :(

Thanks! I just don't want to stress out my fish is all. Plus he always likes to investigate me vacuuming the gravel and when I'm pouring water back in he swims through the stream haha it's like his play time.
I just wanted to see if it was ok to do them back to back.

What gel did you use? /Are you talking about a gelatin no flavor type?

What gel did you use? /Are you talking about a gelatin no flavor type?

It's the no flavor plain one. This person swore by it. But oh well. Anyway one person I talk to a lot here said it could have been I didn't put enough gelatin packets in.
I've used one other recipe before that never clouded up my water or dissolved, just smelled funky. Could have been the fish I put in the food.
But I'll go back to the old recipe, just use a different fish in it. But I just finished cleaning. I started off taking out 50%, then putting in 25%, wiped down the interior of the walls, took out 50%, then added 50%, did this a couple times until the aquarium water was completely clear. My fish is now swimming happily in clear clean water! I wanna give him a small treat for being a good fish through all this :p

I think I will be fine without the gelatin then. :D When I make the fish food 1 small cubes holds great when in the tank. I just got 1lb of oragan spirulina to add to the blend as well.

Good to hear your water is clear again (y)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom