How to stabalize (raise) ph?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

smileyface9

Aquarium Advice Freak
My ph keeps going down too low. I don't have any driftwood or anything that would lower it. All i'm wondering is your opinion on the best way to raise the ph without liquid chemicals. My ph is at 6. And shoul be between 7.2 to 7.6. Will crushed coral help raise the ph like ppl have said? Or is there something that'll work better?

Crushed coral is probably the best "non-chemical" way of doing it. Put a very little bit in a media bag and put it in your filter. Monitor your PH and add a little bit of CC each day until you hit your mark. It takes a while for the CC to have an effect so it may take you a few days to find your sweet spot.

blert said:
Crushed coral is probably the best "non-chemical" way of doing it. Put a very little bit in a media bag and put it in your filter. Monitor your PH and add a little bit of CC each day until you hit your mark. It takes a while for the CC to have an effect so it may take you a few days to find your sweet spot.

Thanks for the advice! :)

Back
Top Bottom