How will my plants do without rich substrate?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Krayzie

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have petco black sand, but I have seachem tabs, API leaf zone, and T5HO. I have dwarf hairgrass and am looking into buying some amazon sword.

any plants will do fine, i also use black sand. just put a root tab or 2 by each amazon sword and that should be fine

also going to want to does more ferts, the full micro and macro line.

alright thank you

I have another question

I just got 2 24W T5HO for my 20h, how long am I suppose to turn it off for a day?

Are you injecting co2 in any way? I'd only have that light on for 6 hours a day if not, any longer and you may run into algae issues

Are you injecting co2 in any way? I'd only have that light on for 6 hours a day if not, any longer and you may run into algae issues

No I am not. Dang 6 hours a day? I guess I will turn it off now before I go to bed lol

Well is start with 6 hours a day and go from there till you start to see signs of algae though I can't imagine those lights being on any longer then 8 max without co2. If you don't have a timer, look into getting one for the lights, will make it easier

Back
Top Bottom