Humble beginnings

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The shelf is the $50 Home Depot 4 self unit. The top rack is detached and it happens to be perfect height for the 20L.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

The shelf is the $50 Home Depot 4 self unit. The top rack is detached and it happens to be perfect height for the 20L.

Thx for the info bruh...

Sent from my HTC Desire 610 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I know everybody has been like,"what happened to those cool grow out tanks!!!" Just kidding. Two out of three still growin strong. Plan to add DIY co2 very soon.

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1440107686.308026.jpg

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1440107743.777859.jpg

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1440107793.299047.jpg

Cha boi Jessie.

I moved to a bigger tub so as to avoid making so many DIY co2 generators.

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1440438577.721400.jpg

I'm not so sure if I'll get equal growth seeing as I had to adjust the lights upward. Time will tell.

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1440438652.049600.jpg

I absolutely love downoi and staurogyne repens. I have a bunch of downoi left over, do people seem to buy it on this site or is it a plant that doesn't ship well? Thanks for watching everyone!!

Cha boi Jessie.

Wow your plants look really good!! Love the rich red color!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Wow your plants look really good!! Love the rich red color!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Thank you! That red plant is meant to be an easier red plant, plus the massive amount of red clay I have under the sand helps ?

Your Downoi is sweet!

I'm happy with it too! That growth is just with soil and gluteraldehyde dosing. I just set up my DIY co2 generator and can't wait to see the growth then. ?

Cha boi Jessie.

I moved to a bigger tub so as to avoid making so many DIY co2 generators.

View attachment 276973

I'm not so sure if I'll get equal growth seeing as I had to adjust the lights upward. Time will tell.

View attachment 276974

I absolutely love downoi and staurogyne repens. I have a bunch of downoi left over, do people seem to buy it on this site or is it a plant that doesn't ship well? Thanks for watching everyone!!

Cha boi Jessie.

What size tubs did you upgrade to? Im pretty impressed on how this turned out. Nice work!

Thank you. It's a 40 quart, I've noticed the tubs with grooves and heavier feeling plastic withstand the water weight better.

Cha boi Jessie.

Just being boring, I'm currently working on the plans to set up 3, 40 quart storage tubs under a 4' dual t5ho so as to save space and electricity. Soon to come....

Cha boi Jessie.

Show pics when you do...
How's the plants I sent ya awhile back?

sit in silence...

They're doing great! There was no die off of any type. One or two plants are slower than the rest, I think it's from being on the outside of the lights circle. The AR "mini" makes me not want to grow standard AR though. It's awesome.
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1448503309.151850.jpg

This is the biggest pond snail ever! ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1448503359.515406.jpg

Cha boi Jessie.

Its not, most likely the plastic from the tub. Only downside to the whole tub idea...

Back
Top Bottom