Hydor Power Head

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ken_wied

Aquarium Advice Regular
Bought a Hydor Koralis propellor power head for my 210. Its the #3 pump. Im looking to keep the detrius from settling on the bottom and to keep the sand looking cleaner. I was tossed between an oscillating powerhead and the Hydor, but in the end went with the Hydor. Does anyone have pro's/con's to them?

Thanks
Ken

I can't speak on the hydor #3, but I do have the #4 and it works great. It has a wide flow and covers a lot of area. I have two that are almost faciing each other at opposite ends of a 4' tank. they are about 5" from the surface and the flow reaches both end, top and bottom of the tank. Also, the magnet connection keeps them in place. I love them. The con is that they are huge. I wish they weren't so intruding.

I have two 4s in my 125 and love them. I like the flow. As for bulky, I was using SEIOS and they are big and bulky. I also have two 2s in my 55.

I have two 4's in my 125 too. I've only had them for 2 weeks but must say that the flow is much greater than the MJ1200's they replaced. I've had to reposition them a bit to cut the flow to some areas to keep the sand from kicking up on my clam, too much flow on my frogspawn and finger leather, etc.

As long the problems they had earlier with short life, these thing are great.

I have one #4 in my 90 and love it, looking to add a #2 or #3 to the opposite side as soon as I can find one locally. I have mine located about 4" below the top of the tank and I have water movement all around the tank including the sand.

Back
Top Bottom