hYDROIDS!!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ReefChum518

Aquarium Advice Activist
Have about 10-15 tiny tiny what I was told are hydroids, white in color about the size of a pin head.

I have heard and read that, I would have to empty the tank and clean everything, I have read that they will eventually die off when they have no food source, I have read that people have used aptasia X, some type of epoxy mud? LFS said I could scrape/syphon them off or drain the tank and let them dry up?

Some of you on here said just let it go it will pass, but this sh1t has got me going crazy, my wife will flip sh1t if I have to tear down and start over, so I would really not like to do that!

Anyone else have any success with removal

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

They're harmless. I have a couple different kinds and they have done absolutely 0 damage to any of my corals.

Ok well I'll keep and eye on them and see where it goes. Luckily I don't have any corals for them
To feast on so maybe I'll get luck and they will starve

Ok please forgive me I'm not second guessing your opinion in anyway!

Ok so I add some chromis, and they eat like it's going out of style......however they have eaten all the isopods that had hatched and were on the tanks walls, what I noticed is that most of the small white hydroids are either gone or missing! Is it possible that when the chromis were eating the pods off that they are some of the hydroids as well?

Ok well that's good to know, what's the hydroids diet consist of?

Are these the hydroids I originally found?

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1407632967.142646.jpg

God
I hope not

Back
Top Bottom