Hyposalinity treatment works great!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

xahx

Aquarium Advice Freak
Its been about a week now at 1.009 SG

And my fish are looking great! They look ever so healthy, They did stress out a lot when i started treatment, but now they are ich free!

How long do i continue Hypo for? Is the parasite eliminated?
Thanks, any help would be great!

xahx said:
How long do i continue Hypo for?
4 weeks after the last spot dissapears.

Is the parasite eliminated?
As long as the salinity is maintained properly for the full 4 weeks, most definately. Just be sure the main is fallowed for at least 6 weeks. The treatment will nornally take that long anyway if you include the salinity increase time after treatment and the wait and watch period 10-14 days.

Cheers
Steve

I just finished the 6 week period, slowly returned the sg of my qt, and now the fish are in the main. Life is grand with fish swimming in the main.
Good luck, hypo really did work, be patient. My fish look great. Remember to reacclimate when adding the fish back to the main tank. My parameters were almost perfect, but I still acclimated. Now everyone is happy.
Thanks AA :D :D

I just finished the 6 week period, slowly returned the sg of my qt, and now the fish are in the main. Life is grand with fish swimming in the main.
Congrats on your paitents. Obviously it worked out for the best for you. :)

Back
Top Bottom