I am frustrated and confused.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ericosuave

Aquarium Advice Regular
I dont know what kind of lighting to put on my tank!! I want to put a MH but I cant find a decent one that will look nice.

btw i have a oceanic 40 gal hex.

what should i do guys!? please help me out! should i get pendant or something? or just some PC's?

Do you have a canopy o is it an open top. What ever you do dont put the pendant right on the glass. It needs to be 6 to 8 inches above it. I had an open top and I have a pentagon somewhat similar tank to you. I ended up going to Lowes and getting a bike rack and mounting it from the wall and then got small black chain and hung the pendant from it. Suprisingly, it looks really good.... I dont have a digital so sorry no photos.

cool! mine is an open top.. i think i might just get a mh pendant.. cause i dont think i can build a canopy nice enough to match the wood on the tank.. its that new OAK wood from oceanic.

what would be some good places to order a mh pendant? i can get a good price on the ballast from ebay.. so all i need is the pendant.

TIA

I believe we have the same tank. Mine is the 40 gallon stretch-hex from oceanic in Cherry finish.

I use the JBJ Formosa Deluxe PC light kit. There are two 65 watt bulbs giving me a total of 3.25 watts per gallon.

Did you get a glass top with your tank? Mine came with a glass top, and the JBJ light just sits right on top of the glass.

There is a picture of it in my gallery.

Todd

yeah mine came with a glass top as well.. but i dont know if that will be enough lighting for what i am trying to grow.. i will have acro pieces in my tank and i think they need more than 3 wpg? do they sell anything similar to the JBJ Formosa thats more powerful?

I believe there is a manufacturer that makes a 24" kit with 2 96 watt bulbs which would bring you up to 4.8 watts per gallon.

Just not sure who makes such a thing.

HTH
todd

Back
Top Bottom