I am going to make the switch to all live plants.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

maxwellag

Aquarium Advice Addict
I have a ten gallon community and I have decided to go all planted. I Already have anacharis in there. I will need to get a cO2 system. I am not sure which one to buy. The one at my lfs cost about 40$. but I have seen some online for like 10$. does this one include the co2 tank, or is it just the bubble thing?
The main plant I am looking for is dwarf baby tears. I want some kind of plant that covers the gravel like a carpet. Any suggestions?

In a small tank like that I would defnitely reccomend a DIY co2 because it's small and you'll only need to do one I believe. Anacharis don't really need any CO2. What kind of lighting do you have?
IMO you'll need really strong lighting to have a good carpet effect for baby tears. Personally I like glossogatigma better (excuse the horrendous spelling).

dwarf baby tears is a beautiful plant, but it will require high light and high CO2. Most "carpet" plants are very high light, otherwise they grow vertically. I also recommend a DIY CO2. There's lots of tutorials around the interwebs

Glossagatigma is an option too, but I have to order online. I am not sure where to find it.
If I choose the diy option, how will i know how uch to let into the tank?

For the 10g i would use a paintball tank for co2. I spent less $50 for everything, and last a lot longer than the fluval kits.

Back
Top Bottom