I can't find my scooter blenny

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

agataoneil

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
My other scooter blenny is up and about, but my female scooter blenny is nowhere to be found. Is this normal?
I am aware they bury themselves when they sleep.

I have the male for a few months, the female I have for a month and she is very active. She eats frozen mysis,and my tank is 8 gals. But I haven't seen het since last night.

In that small of a tank I find it hard to believe you can't find a fish. lol have you checked the back compartments, (you have a cube right?) maybe she jumped?

Anything in there that could have eaten her up by chance? Usually I can find my scooter with a little bit of work, he leaves his eyes out of the sand.

I know youre stressing now, but just for future reference i would think about upgrading your tank. 2 fish is ALOT of fish for an 8g tank. I have my scooter in a 29g tank which seems to be perfect for him.

I hope your fish comes out. :) Good luck!

Thanks for the advice. She actually jumped out and died. I'm not sure why, but I think.she for.spoked... I have been thinking of upgrading my tank, most likely a 29 gal.

Back
Top Bottom