I could use some serious help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

vVStarlord

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello this will be long sorry! So in the next two weeks I'm moving houses. Currently have a 29g lowtech planted tank with only 2 honey gourami, I honestly hate this tank and was thinking of buying a rimless 12g long, I have so many questions I hope someone can help

So for starters would this tank be ok if I used a heavier duty computer desk as the stand, will also try to find a thin foam mat to cut and put underneath the tank

I want to plant this 12g before my fish are there, can I do this while it's still in the cycle stage?

Which leads me to how should I cycle the tank, I was thinking about adding a new filter to my current tank and swapping it over once I have the new tank setup but I also don't know what type of filter to use on the 12 long because iv never worked with a tank so long and shallow, will a smaller hob be optimal if placed on the side?

I'm being overly hectic and getting stressed because I'm on a time crunch, any help or advice would be amazing

I wouldnt trust a computer desk with anything over 20 gallons. Any chance of a photo of the desk?

Yes you can plant a tank before you cycle it.

Your idea to run a filter in your current tank for a while is a good one. It will give it a chance to build up some bacteria before you hook it up to the new tank. Consider swapping a little filter media from your established filter to new filter also.

I haven't actually bought a desk or anything yet, I'm gonna have it delivered to the new place once I have the keys, would it be way easier if I just set up another tank rather than try to move mine?

Are you in a position to get a new tank cycled in your new home before you have to decommission your old tank in your old home? If you want to take your fish with you i think its probably easier to carefully move the whole set up.

Back
Top Bottom