I don't know what to do :/

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CherryBarb123

Aquarium Advice Freak
I currently have a planted community tank (200 litres) but things have now changed....

I am now not wanting to keep it as it is. The planted aspect of it is not how I want it, and I am unable to get the results that I want. I do not have a high tech tank, and therefore I cannot do what I want to do with it plant wise.

The fish are (despite apparently being compatible) occasionally being nasty. My youngish zebra loaches have killed 5 rummies and then eaten the eyes out of another 2.

I am just not finding it fun anymore. However, I have spent so much time, money and effort on this and I am unwilling to just let it go. I need something lower maintenance but still interesting. I am after fish with a bit more personality.

I have thought about 2 or 3 fancy goldfish, but I dunno how interesting they'd be.

What are some suggestions for stocking a 200L, are fancy goldfish are good idea or not? Any other ideas? Maybe a small breeding project that can be done in one tank?

(I don't want anything involving live plants!!)

You could do a barb tank maybe - they definitely will not make for a boring tank. Another idea is a single cichlid such as a severum or festivum. You could make the scape out of rocks and driftwood.

Agree with Bud, you could do an all tiger barb tank, they are a lot of fun to watch and they don't often pick on each other. Add some cories in there and you'll have a lot of fun fluttering fish in your aquarium.

Back
Top Bottom