I don't name my fish...but I know you do!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I let my kids name them now. My youngest son named our Eibli Angel "Taco", which is wrong on so many levels. I was rolling on the floor when he came up with it though.

Nemo and marlon (clowns) dory (hippo) that's the obvious ! Mandy (mandarin) Des (desjardins tang) darcus (scopas tang) Andy and pandy (2 pajama cardinals) benny (bi colour blenny) Claude (cleaner shrimp) Garry (Mexican turbo snail) Henry (hermit) and 4 chromis still to be named ! My kids of course not me lol ! Great thread !!!

Red Ocellaris: Red
Orange Ocellaris: Crackfish
Purple Firefish: Floaty
Fireshrimp: Timmy

TheTodd said:
I let my kids name them now. My youngest son named our Eibli Angel "Taco", which is wrong on so many levels. I was rolling on the floor when he came up with it though.

Haha. I have a dog named "Taco". :)

I've also had a crazy Blue Jaw Trigger (that would spend hours doing figure 8's in the tank) named Kraemer (from Seinfeld)...a Yellow Wrasse named Cuervo and a Green Bird Wrasse named Midori.

OB zebra-Pete (after pistol Pete, go Pokes)

2 African featherfin- Sylvester and Felix
1 blue acai-Binkey
2 yellow labs-Bob & George
2 jewels- Jewel $ Ty
1 Chinese algae eater- Mic (for the lips)

Hey Greg you could start a BFNOTM! Best fish names of the month......oh and I have a turbo named Gary also. Lol

Crystal A said:
Hey Greg you could start a BFNOTM! Best fish names of the month......oh and I have a turbo named Gary also. Lol

My intention was this thread would make you laugh and might give you some inspiration. :)
When and if we hit 100 posts, we will have a contest and see who likes the best name of this lot. There will be no prize...but a ata boy.

Female occelaris clown - Bertha
Male occelaris clown - Oscar 2 (Oscar 1 got eaten by a bubble coral)
Sixline wrasse - squirrelly
One spot foxface rabbitfish - Spike
Exquisite wrasse - still need a name for him.
5x pajama cardinal - thinking of calling them all George. Makes it easier.
Red banded pistol shrimp - Snappy (very original, I know)

MacDracor said:
Female occelaris clown - Bertha
Male occelaris clown - Oscar 2 (Oscar 1 got eaten by a bubble coral)
Sixline wrasse - squirrelly
One spot foxface rabbitfish - Spike
Exquisite wrasse - still need a name for him.
5x pajama cardinal - thinking of calling them all George. Makes it easier.
Red banded pistol shrimp - Snappy (very original, I know)

I only named one critter in all these years "Shrimpie" the fire shrimp. Not very original, but it fits him/her/it.

My 125
2 Oscars - Peewee and Herman
2 Electric yellow labs - Amps and Volts
2 Tinfoil Barbs - Donald and Daisy
1 Pleco - Pleakley
1 Blood Parrot - Hans
1 Spotted Gar - Nero
1 Albino Zebra - Pluto
1 RES - Squirt
1 Convict - Walter
1 Brown Knife - Toothless

My 10g
Figure 8 Puffer - Nigel
1 Comet goldfish (that was supposed to be a feeder for my larger tank but my fiancée liked him so she wanted me to put him in the 10 until he's big enough to not get eaten in the big tank) - Mohawk

My 40g FOWLR
1 Fuzzy Dwarf Lion - Mufasa
1 Snowflake Eel - Basilisk
1 Occilaris - Bogart
1 Blue Damsel - Zazu
1 Coral Beauty - Rafiki
1 Six-Line Wrasse - Wrasseface

Saltwater
2 clowns dizzy and nemo
Emerald crab Ernie
Only ones I named

Had musk turtle tank the 4 turtles were joe Pablo taio and Emile
And a Plec called frank

Elephant nose - gonzo
Pearl gourami - big Mac
Bnp - miss piggy
Bulldog plec - snoopy
2 apple snails - pearl & tweek
Betta - butters
1 mystery snail - Sheldon
Brotia - spike
Haven't named my other snails!

Eunified said:
Angelfish-Snow White
Angelfish-Brownie
Red-Tailed Shark-Loubution <====
Dalmation Molly Male-Snoopy
Dalmation Molly Female-Babs
Gold Dust Molly-Scrammy
Gold Dust Molly-Sunny

I assume you are talking about Christian Louboutins (very expensive red-soled heels)... Cute and appropo. :D

I had a 9" common pleco named Dr. Zoidberg. Whenever he was interested in/upset by something, his sailfin flared up. It was all I could do not to lol when my kid, completely unaware of how wrong it sounded, said it was because it was aroused. o_O

clearancepuppy said:
I assume you are talking about Christian Louboutins (very expensive red-soled heels)... Cute and appropo. :D

I had a 9" common pleco named Dr. Zoidberg. Whenever he was interested in/upset by something, his sailfin flared up. It was all I could do not to lol when my kid, completely unaware of how wrong it sounded, said it was because it was aroused. o_O

Dr. Zoidburg..that's a good one! Am a huge Futurama fan. Bender is also a good name for something.

Back
Top Bottom