I don't think I'm ready to be a mom...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mascosa

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Can anyone help me identify what's up with my guppy? I thought it was just fat and then the thought donned on me, what if I accidentally ended up with a female and now its pregnant thanks to my male? (Because quarantine effects us all ?)

But I can't see fry eyes and I definitely can't see a gravida spot. I tried to feed the fish a frozen pea today but it had zero interest. And I looked at the anal fin and it's fairly pointed and I think a female's anal fin tends to be more fanned? I'm definitely at a loss.

I quarantined the fish today but I'm truly not sure what's going on. Any thoughts?

Attachments

• 20200428_114137.jpg
    20200428_114137.jpg
    108.3 KB · Views: 31
  • 20200428_114125.jpg
    20200428_114125.jpg
    142.4 KB · Views: 32
  • 20200428_075847.jpg
    20200428_075847.jpg
    112.4 KB · Views: 23
  • 20200428_075849.jpg
    20200428_075849.jpg
    107.9 KB · Views: 25
It's a male.
Seems like something internal is going on. But the scales on the belly seems to be open. Or at least, it seems like it the first pic. Can you see if all scales are open as if the body looks like a pine cone? If so, it's dropsy. But it could also be something internal as I've already mentioned. Maybe a bladder problem or another intestine problem.

Yes, the pinecone effect, I noticed that as well. Okay, dropsy. My other fish look fine and I'll just have to keep an eye on them. I added aquarium salt to my quarantine tank and I will buy a recommended API product that I saw. I think the lil buddy is past the point of no return but is there anything else I can try and do for him?
What would be a recommended best course of action?

He will prolly die unfortunately so to prevent Paine humanely pit it's out o it's misery is recomended sorry to be the bearer of bad news... Sorry for the bad pun.

Yeah, he died today unfortunately. I google searched how to euthanize them humanely and I came up with whacking him, which basically which just would have meant squishing OR using clove oil which I did not have access to. The website said that it basically acted as an anesthesia. I know now for (hopefully never) but next time.

BLOAT bad feed in none frozen peas heat them up in the microwave with some water for 15 seconds then peel the shells off or go and get some multicure

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom