I dont think these are Aiptasia??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TangoTank

Aquarium Advice FINatic
image-699315479.jpg

image-986031895.jpg

There's 2 white things, one above the other in the center. I've had several Aiptasia, these don't look like them at all. Any ideas??

The one on the top looks like a sponge.

Ok, Thks! I think I'll wait a bit, see if starts looking more Aiptasia-y. The bottom one I just don't know! Looks like a bunch of translucent'ish tubes shooting out at 45 degree angles w/ a wide base.

Both are sponges... Very common un a healthy eco system. The one on the top is a pineapple sponge.

Both are sponges... Very common un a healthy eco system. The one on the top is a pineapple sponge.

Great, Thks!! I know nothing about sponges, ill have to look these guys up! I've moved rock around lately b/c I got some new fish. I need to find out these guys' light requirements, they're kinda in a shady spot right now!

They don't need light. They are filter feeders. You can usually find them in overflow boxes and darker areas, out of direct light.

They don't need light. They are filter feeders. You can usually find them in overflow boxes and darker areas, out of direct light.

Ahh... Ok, Thks! So is there any supplemental feeding I need to do for them like culture any microorganisms? Or keep calcium or anything like that at a certain level? I just have a FOWLR so I'm not testing anything other than SG, basic water parameters & phosphates.

The bottom one may actually be a tunicate from the looks of the siphons. Either way there is still no need for special care. Just enjoy the cool animals that have sprouted on your rocks.

Back
Top Bottom