I finally got my gouramis!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

J-D

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
I'm so chuffed I've been after a dwarf gourami for so long now and the lfs had stopped ordering them because in the hot weather they weren't surviving the journey to the shop. But this morning it occurred to me that it's been a bit cooler recently so I thought I'd go down and see if they had any...and lo and behold they did so I am proud to introduce Bruce and his Sheilas :D :D

They seem to be settling in ok, Bruce likes to roam around his new kingdom, the girls are more shy, particularly Sheila II, and only Sheila I was brave enough to come up for food this afternoon but it's early days yet...

The only thing I've noticed that does concern me is that Bruce seems to have some serious fin damage - I don't know what they're called but you can see in the picture the long thin fins at the front, his right one seems to have broken off (it wasn't me honest guv he was like that when I got him). I wonder will that grow back? He seems to swim fine without it and the little stump moves about and doesn't appear to be infected or causing him any trouble. Other than that he's gorgeous isn't he? :D :D

Attachments

• bruce_120.jpg
    bruce_120.jpg
    8.2 KB · Views: 195
  • sheilas_294.jpg
    sheilas_294.jpg
    6.6 KB · Views: 192
Congrats on the new fish. Good luck with them they are very pretty fish.

Yes, the feeler will grow back but it may have a kink in it.

Flippin heck, these guys don't half poo! They must be pooing more than they're eating, they're like little poo machines!

J-D said:
Flippin heck, these guys don't half poo! They must be pooing more than they're eating, they're like little poo machines!

That's one of things I don't like about gouramis. Their waste is kind of hard to miss.....

Pretty fish though.

Back
Top Bottom