I got an bubble anemone for my year old tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Invest in a RO/DI unit. Bulkreefsupply sells them. They are pretty cheap and will save you money in the long run. The problem with buying at LFS is you have no idea what TDS they are running and you have no idea if and when they change out the filters

Well it didnt make it :-( this morning it was completely upside down all white n nasty... I WILL not get another one for this tank until I can upgrade my lights ... I would like to know what I could keep coral wise w my light I just bought for my 48 gallon though... I do have one exta light fixture I can add to it for more wattage...

You need to do more than get new lighting. All that it would do with insufficient lighting would be to lose color slowly, until it fades away. Not die abruptly.

You have to figure out what killed the anemone. I can't do that for you. Some parameter is off. Start at the beginning, and If all of your test kits give you acceptable levels, get better quality test kits.

I would not purchase anything else until you figure out what parameters are out of line....

Sorry it died. Since it recently died I would suggest you do a water change, to prevent parameters, from getting even further out of whack. Test your tank daily for the next week. You also might want to test your LFS water before you even add it to your tank, to make sure it's where it needs to be.

I would also suggest as others have, to get an RO/DI water system, and start making your own water, it's cheaper in the long run and, you know EXACTLY what is going into your tank. Keep us posted as to what your results are so some of us can better help you along to get your tank parameters back in line.

P 8
Amm 0-0.25
No-2 0
No-3 0
Cal 480
10dkh
Phos 0.25
Sg is way up or my thing is broken its all the way past the top

Wouldn't the amm go up if it was dead? BC before put it in there it was 0... And how do u get the po4 down? Would the specific gravity have something to do w it too?

image-298242790.jpg

I have this.. Isn't that what it's for? I just used it in my other tank n the reading in it was 1.020

I have this.. Isn't that what it's for? I just used it in my other tank n the reading in it was 1.020

I use this and haven't had any issues with them. Although a refractor is more accurate, this hydrometer works for me. The issue is its not as accurate as a refractor.

P 8
Amm 0-0.25
No-2 0
No-3 0
Cal 480
10dkh
Phos 0.25
Sg is way up or my thing is broken its all the way past the top
Judging by this statement, I would want something completely reliable to measure salt content. That sounds like a guess to me. I've used multiple swing arm hydrometers on the same tank water and had different readings. I would not rely on one.

It's worked for the past year.. It's the first time it's ever been that high... So ill do a water change

Back
Top Bottom