I Got Some Preguntas For Y'all

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

The_Desacrator

Aquarium Advice FINatic
1. I have a 60 gallon tank with like 5 guppies and 4 angelfish. If I remove all of the guppies, can I throw a Pacu in there?

2. In that same tank is a 4-5 inch Blue Knight Lobster. Can I put a pair of clown loaches in there?

Thanks!

1. Nope! Pacus get absolutely massive and aren't really suited for home aquaria. People vary on what they say is the "minimum tank size", but you definitely couldn't have one in a 60

2. Clown loaches should be in at least 75g tanks in groups of three or more, and I think they'd probably get picked on by a lobster anyway..

If you wanted a fish similar in looks to the pacu you could look up some medium SA cichlids.
Hope I helped a little!

1. Yeah I did a little research, and the minimum tank size was anywhere from like 60 to 200. So sadly, I'll have to pass on them.

2.Well my mom's old boss had a pair of clown loaches for like over 10 years without any problems, so I think we are gonna stick with a pair. This question wasn't properly addressed, so I'd like someone with experience with this kind of situation to give me more feedback.

You did help, thanks.

Back
Top Bottom