I have a 20 gallon tank help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Leomorales

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have a 20 gallon tank for over a month right now i have 3 small goldfish i wanna some more fish but really small ones but i have no clue of which ones someone can help me by telling me which species are good ?? With pictures??

Elmer morales

Your tank is going to be overstocked pretty quickly as goldfish grow very fast and need a much bigger tank than a 20g. Goldfish also tend to eat fish that will fit in their mouths.

i have had best luck with tetras .. i have a few different kinds and they are hardy and active, not to big and not agressive very peaceful. i fell asleep watching them earlier

If you want tetras, I would get a separate tank for them. Or you could get a koi pond, and put your goldfish in that - Unless upstate NY gets really cold.

the goldfish are in a differnt tank than the tetras and guppies. upstate NY LOL yes it gets cold. our fall starts around labor day and its not nice again until May if we are lucky.. i actually started out w/ koi not realizing how big and fast they grow. i brought them to the shop and got some plants for my tank.. it isnt fair to keep them in a little tank.... i have the 20 gallon long which has the tetras and guppies and a 10 gallon with an albino african dwarf frog, and the 2 goldfish (which i was told today they would outgrow the tank too)... i went into this blind thinking it would be easy, peasy, lemon squeezy.. ya got lemon juice in my eyes.. but still enjoy it..

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom