I have a vision & need help!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AaronJOwens

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi all,
I'm new to Aquarium Advice !

My father recently bought a huge saltwater-marine aquarium and it's rekindled my interest in having a tank.

I was thinking of buying a 2 or 3ft tank (freshwater) with live plants; I would love to create a small ecosystem type thing!

I was wondering, what should I be buying? what sort of thermo, filter and how much should I be spending!

Thanks so much, ANY advice is so appreciated!
Aaron

Welcome to AA Aaron! :)

The first advice I would give you is do some research. Research the types of fish you want to keep and their requirements. Do you want to keep this tank a low light/low maintenance or do you want to go all out and dose fertilizers and inject CO2 ($$$)?

I would also recommend buying the biggest tank you can afford and have space for. It will make maintaining proper water parameters a lot easier. The smaller the tank, the quicker your water parameters can change.

We have plenty of good articles in the articles section about starting up a new tank, the cycling process, and even keeping live plants. Here is a good one to start with:

Guide to Starting a Freshwater Aquarium - Aquarium Advice

Best of luck with your tank(s)!

Back
Top Bottom