I have no information on Air Pumps

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mb102593

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I would like to purchase air pumps but in reality I have no idea what to buy(the different parts) I looked up information and it didn't really help out. So what exactly do you need to buy at the store to have air pumps in your aquarium? Sorry if it's a stupid question :fish2: :thanks:

Like something that produces bubbles in the aquarium? If thats what you are talking about all you need is the air pump and some tubing and then if you want on the end of the tube some kind of decoration or you can just use an airstone to produce the bubbles. Hope thats what you were asking! If so they are very simple to set up!

Just ensure you get an air pump which is the right size for your tank. They are all measured in litres so getting a pump that only does up to 50l when you have a 100l tank for instance wouldn't produce a great display.

Using Air Pumps

I would like to purchase air pumps but in reality I have no idea what to buy(the different parts) I looked up information and it didn't really help out. So what exactly do you need to buy at the store to have air pumps in your aquarium? Sorry if it's a stupid question :fish2: :thanks:

Hello M...

Just buy a power filter with a gph (gallons per hour) rating at least 6 times the volume of your aquarium. An air pump isn't needed.

B

I've always liked having a small bubbler in the tank. I know they are not always needed but I think it's nice, a lot of my fish like to play in the bubbles sometimes.

Make sure to get an air pump that is right for your tank. know how many gallons and or liters your tank is and you should be ok. Then get some tubing, which you can easily cut to the length you need. Then all you need is the bubbler its self. I know there are decorations that can have bubbles come out of it or you can just get the air stone which is what I have.

Back
Top Bottom