I have no money...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Animal-Chin

Aquarium Advice Addict
but the ban on Maxima clams coming into Canada has been lifted and my LFS just got some in. I've always wanted one but now they're like $139.

What should I do? :lol:

Be responsible and remember I have 2 gorgeous thriving reefs at home or throw it on my visa card like the rebel I am?

Choices....

139!?!? You salties are nuts haha! Do you have a picture? I'd say go for it!! I just put a new led on my visa and it felt great!!!

I know right, that much for a clam??? I mean, it doesn't even move...lol

They are cool looking though. Only 2 inches too. It's been years since they've been around though...

I just googled it... BUY IT!! They're so cool.. Do you have blue LEDs?

A 2" clam for $139.00 is a bit steep, but I've seen 3" clams here for that price. Wholesale prices have been rising some, but they haven't doubled yet. Since they are new in the country, I would wait. Once they flood the market the price will drop.

i would watch out for that divorce paper if you do pull the trigger on the clam:lol: i would wait for the price to drop or see if any local reefers have the clam on sale.

Maybe I can just slip it in and she won't notice....lol

Oh she'll notice, she's always wanted a clam. Maybe a $50 nice big clam but a clam. Maybe I'll walk over at lunch just to check them out...lol

Just flat out lie about the price.. I got a $75 Pleco.. Just told her I traded a bunch of stuff and $30 for it;)

Hmmm I got one! Like a cat or dog.. You adopted it but it needed $130 worth of vaccinations and meds!! Done deal!!

I told my wife my new skimmer was free .

I dident tell her the fine print that the skimmer was free since I will recoup the cost in increased energy efficiency over the next 5 years and lower salt bills

I told my wife my new skimmer was free .

I dident tell her the fine print that the skimmer was free since I will recoup the cost in increased energy efficiency over the next 5 years and lower salt bills

that's wicked. I hope there wasn't a fine print during your marriage proposal, lol

after a trip to the store, inspection and finding out that he's decided to charge $169 I just walked away. I mean they were cute but not much bigger than a walnut. I remember when I started reefing they were like $69 and 5 inches long. I'm gonna wait till they start selling some of those again...

Not sure what the going prices for Maxima clams over here but when I did look at one claim the price was like $189 and that was with my club discount that our LFS-sponsors give us. But the claim was much bigger then 2" more like 4-6". And I was told to be careful when buying small claims they are harder to take care of then the bigger ones not sure if that is true or not.
But I always having to sneak stuff in when buying for the aquariums.

this is not intended to rub it in or anything to the OP but:

my lfs usually have 2-4inches of derasa, maxima, squamosa clams for sale around $30-50. he's doing an amazing job because you can buy ultra blue maxima, gold maxima, black/white maxima, and many other color variations for the price. I'm sure location makes a difference and I'm in GA btw

Back
Top Bottom