I have not used my tank in a decade

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

clkndgr

Aquarium Advice Newbie
So after 10 years, I have decided to restart my live rock fish only 75g glass tank. I've been looking around and there is debate about what equipment to use. I have a lot of stuff and am unsure what I need to use.

I have: eheim 2227 wet/dry, eheim 2217 regular canister filter, berlin hang on protein skimmer, uv, hang-on bio wheel, 4 powerheads, 2 heaters, and an old ro/di whose filters likely need changing.

Is my protein skimmer and a bunch of live rock enough? Or should i go with "more is better" but more maintenance?

For a fish only display I'd think proper maintenance and flow would be enough. A skimmer wouldnt hurt. A hang on back with floss would help polish the water. I wouldnt use the canisters unless you plan on cleaning them every couple weeks.

With proper maintenance, all of your old equipment should be just fine. Just rinse it all real good and hope it all starts back up. Brookster's statements are on point.

Back
Top Bottom