I have too much hornwort

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Todd2

Aquarium Advice Freak
I bought 3 bunches of hornwort recently and it has taken over my tank. The stems are SO long. The stems at the bottom are starting to turn brown and the leaves/needles? are starting to fall off because I guess all the other stems are blocking the light. What should I do? Should I prune a whole bunch and just throw it out. I just don't know what to do with so much hornwort. I have an extra 10g with a hood (15W bulb) Can I fill this up and float the cuttings that I cut in there or plant them.

Don't be afraid to trim it and toss out the excess, or maybe offer some to hobbyists starting out -- small bits of stem will grow and you'll quickly have more than you need again :) Throw out the dying bits -- new growth will come faster than it recovers.

Lol thats the both of us, you could just feel free to send us some. We will gladly take it off your hands.

Just start chopping off pieces and sell it to your lfs. That's what I do- got $20 store credit last time. I grow hornwort in ponds in my backyard.

Back
Top Bottom