I just bought a bottle of tigger pods

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

prisoner1572

Aquarium Advice Regular
I just bought a bottle of tigger pods for the first time today. There was a strong sulfur smell when I opened the bottle. Is this normal when first opening the bottle or did I buy a bottle of dead pods?

It was refrigerated at the store. I kept them in the fridge at home and today left them out to warm up. None of them are moving and it's been over two hours. I'm going to take them back to the store later.

Here is an update about the tigger pods:

I went to another store a few weeks later and the pods in the bottles in the fridge were alive and swimming around even in the cold so it looks like all the bottles at the first store were dead

Yeah, I just got one myself the other day (Tues) and it was refrigerated & swimming, kept in my fridge overnight with cap off and still swimming. Said bottled 10/18 and still doing well 11/3. If you read the site instructions (for Reef Nutrition) they say to keep refrigerated for long term storage with cap off and add a couple drops of Phyto-Feast I think, so maybe the LFS you got them from skipped that step.

Back
Top Bottom