I just don't know what to do...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pokechoo

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
My angelfish eat everything! By the time my catfish gets any food the angles have ate all the food! I'm having the same problem with my top dwelling killifish. Is there any special tactics I could use to make sure my catfish gets food and my other guys don't over eat? Btw I mix there food according to day. One day I'll feed them blood worms. The next day granules, then I skip a day. I haven't seen any problem at it signs yet but I just wanted be sure that I'm not going to cause any harm in the near future. Any suggestions would help.

Feed the catfish an hour or two after lights out.

what I've found works for me in communities with smart fish and other not so smart and slow fish is start feeding on one side of the tank. get them used to eating on that side and when they are distracted and eating put some food on the other side for the others. put it all over the tank so everyone has a chance.
what kind of catfish are you talking about, by the way, corydoras? you could always try sinking food with them or food that won't fit in the angels mouth.
i have even had to use a separator, while feeding, until they grow large enough to fend for themselves. listen to H1N1 he is very knowledgeable. sorry if you aren't a guy, i am not sure with a lot of people on here ;)

My catfish is a small pictus. Very beautiful fish. But! I will try both suggestions. Thank you guys!

Back
Top Bottom