I just got a 250 gal tank...whoa!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
So where are some pictures, I just want to see it!! I dont care if it isnt set up.. 250g.. :drool:

I dont want to go into the canister debate here but im researching some things about them now....plus their way expensive :(

add up the cost of 5 or 6 ac110s, then the cost of an fx5.... but its totally your choice, just dont want you to regret not having adequate filtration ;)

add up the cost of 5 or 6 ac110s, then the cost of an fx5.... but its totally your choice, just dont want you to regret not having adequate filtration ;)

Yeah i hear you on it and im not totally against it i guess since ive never had one its new territory but so is this big arse tank..haha

WOW!!!!

I love my 45g, but of course I want something bigger, if only I had money.. 500 bucks.. thats an awesome deal. So jealous.

Awesome looking tank! I want one! That's just great! Can't wait to see pictures of it stocked!

:smilecolros:

Thanks!!! i will get some real pics of the progress up on sunday when i get it in the house. Ill prob start a photo log to track the stand and tank (since nobody really commented on the seal question :) progress so youll get to see it as i do.

If I were you, I would replace the seals, just to be safe! :) Everyone was probably more flabberghasted about the size of tank you managed to get! :D

haha, i think i might just reseal it. I would really like to just get the tank set up, running and only needing weekly maint. I dont want to deal with a small leak 3 months down the road.

Very nice set up! I would suggest canisters over HOBs. As far as your OP, I do not run activated carbon (AC) in any of my tanks. The only time I ever ran it was when I was removing some tannins that my driftwood leached. AC is only good for a few weeks and then it can potentially leach back into the water column. I simply run polyfiber in my AquaClears.

Keep us posted as things progress!

Very nice set up! I would suggest canisters over HOBs. As far as your OP, I do not run activated carbon (AC) in any of my tanks. The only time I ever ran it was when I was removing some tannins that my driftwood leached. AC is only good for a few weeks and then it can potentially leach back into the water column. I simply run polyfiber in my AquaClears.

Keep us posted as things progress!

Thanks, i think im totally over the AC so that wont be in there. Ive been talking to mfd and hes got me convinced about a couple fx5's so ill be doing those.

I'm more excited for you then I think you are. I cannot wait to see what you do with this tank.. And I am sure its going to be nothing but amazing.. so jealous.

Oh im very excited, trust me. Its a lot of work to get it up cuz i have to stain the stand, reseal the inside of the tank, but you can see my stock list on my other thread.

Back
Top Bottom