I love having a smart phone!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cactuspixie

Aquarium Advice Addict
It saved me from being sucked into buying an inappropriate fish today!
There was a tank of these stunning little red scats not much more than an inch in diameter. In the back of my mind was the vague recollection of researching those when I wanted to convert one of my tanks to brackish, and read that as they mature they require a full salt tank. But the GUY was telling me how they are bred in freshwater, so are acclimatized to that, that you only need 2 (told him I didn't want a schooling fish). I said they grow about the size of a dinner plate don't they? (Which I would be happy with) but he said oh no they only get (saucer size). I told him I'd need to look more into it before making a decision. So I whip out the old iPhone, and plug in the search term to discover that my vague recollections were spot on. 2x inappropriate $40 fish NOT bought! :whistle:

Good for you! And the fish you did not purchase. Technology is great. I've done that before, but with plants. Especially when a plant is advertised with a light requirement that is different from its actual needs.

Back
Top Bottom