I love my community tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Margaret

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have a 10 gallon tank which has 2 white mollies,2 cherry barbs,2 sunburst platys,1 redwag platy,2 leopard danios,2 black neon tetras and 2 bottom feeders.My tank is kept betwen 78-80 degrees.I have an Aquaclear filter.I have a 2 week old baby fish.My tank is decorated with artificial plants[2] and coral

Welcome to AA and I'm glad to hear you are enjoying the fish keeping hobby. What are your bottem feeders? Cories? How old is your tank? Your tank is very stocked so make sure to do lots of partial water changes and feel free to post pictures of the tank you love so much as we'd like to see em. :mrgreen:

Welcome to AA, Margaret! :smilecolros:

Nice assortmant of fish you have. Any plans on upgrading to a bigger tank soon? :wink:

As Talloulou said, it's very important to do frequent water changes and gravel vacs because your tank is very overstocked. I would recommend at least 50% once a week. Also, be careful not to overfeed since excess food will produce ammonia that can poison your fish.

I'd also suggest getting some live anacharis
http://www.plantedtank.net/plantprofiles/17/
This attractive plant is easy to grow under any lighting conditions. No special substrate is needed either - just stick it in the gravel, tie it to something, or let it float. It soaks up excess nutrients, which are removed when you prune the plant every few weeks.

Welcome to AA. I love the sound of your tank, any chance you can post pics? I love looking at pics of other people's fish. :lol:

I will third in on the water changes and add in a recommendation for a test kit.

Back
Top Bottom