i need a list

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lamby

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Hi every one was wondering if any one out their could post a, list or a link to a list of things to buy when starting a new marine tank as iv never done it before.

Power heads.
Sump + plumping to hook it up. Drilled tank is better, if not add a hob overflow. Return pump for sump.
Ideally a light for your refugium with macro algae like chaeto.

You can run a tank without a sump or fuge but it makes things easier.

whats the go on the ro water had a read on it and still a lil lost and im probaly going to start with out a sump just as its my first time amd the whole sump thing overwelms a lil

so my tanks 150ltr (40g) im going to start with a heater, filter(not sure on media to use in it still), 2-wave makers, protein skimmer, live rock, live sand and a light and still not sure on what globes to get and what test kits to

You need ammonia, nitrite, nitrate, and ph high test kits to start for just fish. API makes a saltwater kit that contains all if these fairly cheaply.

I would highly recommend RO/DI water. I got my RO/DI on eBay for like $65.

what would you recomend for storing the ro/di water

5 gallon buckets will be fine if your just doing a 40 gallon tank but if you need more storage brute trash cans are great.

so its pretty much just filtered and treated water realy so u dont add any nasty toxins

Yep its pure water so you can start from scratch and only add what's needed

awsome il have to get some im just waiting to move houses before i start dont want to be moving to many tanks from house to house

so im going to start buying the equipment i need i think for my first fill il buy my water from my local shop just as itl be alot easyer to learn how to mix once iv set it up. Keen to get started tho just want to be in the new house so I can start doing it

im gonna wait till i can get a bigger tank due to my cichlids needing an upgrade probaly put a hold on the salty for a while kinda a shame as thats why i started the hobby

im gonna wait till i can get a bigger tank due to my cichlids needing an upgrade probaly put a hold on the salty for a while kinda a shame as thats why i started the hobby

Back
Top Bottom