i need advice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

thomas tinaldo

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have a tiger oscar that i had in a 55 gallon tank for about a month. He did fine i had no problems.. I found out that i should get a bigger tank for him.... Well i got him a new 70 gallon tank. I cycled the tank, and almost matched the ph, temp, and everything to my 55.. Well i put him in two days ago. And he has been really really pale. He turned to the black color again for a few hours, then went right back to pale again. Is he just stressed?

Well from what I've heard, Oscars tend to sulk if you change their environment. So a new tank is a massive change for him. Lower the lighting a little and he should settle in a couple of days.

thomas tinaldo said:
I have a tiger oscar that i had in a 55 gallon tank for about a month. He did fine i had no problems.. I found out that i should get a bigger tank for him.... Well i got him a new 70 gallon tank. I cycled the tank, and almost matched the ph, temp, and everything to my 55.. Well i put him in two days ago. And he has been really really pale. He turned to the black color again for a few hours, then went right back to pale again. Is he just stressed?

If the water parameters are fine, there is nothing to worry about or do. I experienced the same thing when I relocated my Oscar. This went on for two months!

I have read a few things you have posted. And read that live feeder fish are not good for him... Could the fact that i have been feeding him live fish have anything to do with it?

I have read a few things you have posted. And read that live feeder fish are not good for him... Could the fact that i have been feeding him live fish have anything to do with it?

As long as there are no other signs of disease, It's probably unrelated and just the stress of the move. I'd discontinue the feeders soon though and switch to new life spectrum pellets.

Back
Top Bottom