I Need Help... BAD!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

InxayonFinland

Aquarium Advice Activist
Well right now i have 5 margarita snails, 2 scarlet reef hermit crabs, one cleaner shrimp and i still need stuff to help clear out my 12 nano cube with algae. Can anyone help me decide on what to get? I really need something that will eat hari algae and some brown algae on the rock. Thanks a million!

Maybe checking your phosphates, reducing your light cycle or killing your lights for a day or so would help. Might have to scrub some off as well.

Yep, I fully agree with ellisz. You may find that nothing will touch the hair algae, it may need to be removed by hand and kept at bay by controlling your NO3 and PO4 levels. try and rid it by hand and cut back your lighting a little.

What are your NO3 and PO4 readings, out of curiosity?

You may find that astrea snails and blue-legged hermits might help though.
If your phosphates are indeed high, cut back on your feeding and look into some phosphate remover. The phosphate removers, such as phosban, rowaphos etc, are only bandaids....the best remedy is to reduce the introduction of phosphates all together.

edited to add a couple more suggestions.

you need to find the soure of the algae.. what kind of water do you use? have you tested the new water as well as tank water for phosphates and nitrates? post numbers.
you should not over load the tank with a cleaning crew, they may not eat the problem algae and just starve over time. how old is the tank and what type of lighting.

Back
Top Bottom