I need help STAT!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kelly247

Aquarium Advice Regular
2 of my Tiger Barbs just died within 45mins of each other. I'm noticing an oily residue on the surface of the water, but it doesn't seem to be affecting my danios or dwarf frog. Can't do water change tonight because I have to go to bed, work early in the morning nAny idea what could be causing the deaths? The fish looked fine when I pulled them from the tank, apart from the whole being dead thing. Please help

Hm never heard of a tiger barb do that like you described. You may have just gotten "bad" fish, that can happen sometimes. Sometimes the stores just get bad fish and they're weak, some fish just can't take the stress of moving back and forth like that. This is also no one pet stores fault, any store can get bad shipments like that, just some have better reputations for not having this happen. I suggest waiting through the night and seeing what's happening in the morning.

check your water again, do an immediate water change! your heater might be on the fritz or you could have a parasite! im very sorry for your loss!

The tank as been running almost yrs. I did a rescape 4mths or so ago and used all the same water. I had a golden algae eater that was getting very agressive so i got rid of him(gave away not killed). About a month ago I started getting a bit of algae so I picked up 2 otocinclus, which made short work of it. Now its back and growing out of control. Im going to see whats still alive when I get home, remove them from the tank and start from scratch. FML!!!!!

Just because its established doesnt mean something can't go wrong (ie. parasite) but it is weird, is the tank near a window, or area where dust/other airborne particles could get in?

Back
Top Bottom