I need stock help!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

thejasteam

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
i'm getting the 25 gallon premium kit (filter=aqueon 30=200GPH) and is this stocking ok?
3 adult male guppies(currently in a 5 gallon)
7 zebra danio(any other suggestions? I want small schooling fish)
1 dwarf gourami
and either ghost shrimp or cories. If I can fit cories than I would get cories.

Is this ok? any suggestions or tips on keeping these fish? This will be my first tank bigger than 5 gallons...... And I've read up on cycling and stuff but still new to stocking so I really don't want to overstock or anything!

Tank Demensions: 24"L x 13"W x 19"

Oh yeah and It would be planted with live plants! If that makes a diff.

All I can say is you could do some neon tetras and pygmy Cories. Where I am it's late so I will post more info in the morning :)

thejasteam said:
i'm getting the 25 gallon premium kit (filter=aqueon 30=200GPH) and is this stocking ok?
3 adult male guppies(currently in a 5 gallon)
7 zebra danio(any other suggestions? I want small schooling fish)
1 dwarf gourami
and either ghost shrimp or cories. If I can fit cories than I would get cories.

Is this ok? any suggestions or tips on keeping these fish? This will be my first tank bigger than 5 gallons...... And I've read up on cycling and stuff but still new to stocking so I really don't want to overstock or anything!

Tank Demensions: 24"L x 13"W x 19"

Oh yeah and It would be planted with live plants! If that makes a diff.

I'd do everything but the cories and DG- instead a ram and a school of glowlight or neon tetraw

^Agreed. IMO, zebra danios aren't really "small" schooling fish. They can grow up to 3 inches and prefer a large open area to swim... considering seven, I'm afraid it'll just be too much in a 25 gallon. Tetras on the other hand, depending on the species, would be more suited for your tank. A small school of neons would look nice. They max out at about two inches but really only get to 1.5" at the most. I have a school of over 30 neons and cardinals in my 46 gallon and they're amazing to watch. I believe you could pull off a small school of cories as well. A pair of rams aren't a bad idea either. All would work well together IMO/E. The most important part is to CYCLE! :) Fishless is definitely the way to go. The more BB in your filter, the better! The more surface area the bacteria can grow on, the better! That's really the KEY to success in this hobby. Good things come to those who wait. ;)

^Agreed. IMO, zebra danios aren't really "small" schooling fish. They can grow up to 3 inches and prefer a large open area to swim... considering seven, I'm afraid it'll just be too much in a 25 gallon. Tetras on the other hand, depending on the species, would be more suited for your tank. A small school of neons would look nice. They max out at about two inches but really only get to 1.5" at the most. I have a school of over 30 neons and cardinals in my 46 gallon and they're amazing to watch. I believe you could pull off a small school of cories as well. A pair of rams aren't a bad idea either. All would work well together IMO/E. The most important part is to CYCLE! :) Fishless is definitely the way to go. The more BB in your filter, the better! The more surface area the bacteria can grow on, the better! That's really the KEY to success in this hobby. Good things come to those who wait. ;)

So since everyone says neons..... I'll go with some:) but would cardinals be more hardy? No blue rams in my area:( they looked really pretty!

Back
Top Bottom