I need yet another ID

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jess1ca

Aquarium Advice Addict
Was sold to me as a yellow fin Borleyi... Believed it as he was black with yellow on his fins when he was 1 1/2 inches... Now he is turning Blue! Any insight?? Apparently my LFS is as gullible as I lol.

Attachments

• image-373631265.jpg
    image-373631265.jpg
    133.6 KB · Views: 105
  • image-147733871.jpg
    image-147733871.jpg
    114.7 KB · Views: 105
  • image-3920594337.jpg
    image-3920594337.jpg
    126.1 KB · Views: 94
  • image-3394417027.jpg
    image-3394417027.jpg
    112.4 KB · Views: 92
Last edited:
It's crazy you know what I started to do before I buy a fish? I ask what kind it is or look it up on my phone to make sure there will no issues.

You should try it!

;)

Convict2161 said:
It's crazy you know what I started to do before I buy a fish? I ask what kind it is or look it up on my phone to make sure there will no issues.

You should try it!

;)

Really? Coming from the dude who has his Mbuna/Malawi mixed with his trophs and other Vic's, Peacocks and sharks?! Ha, clearly you weren't worried about any "issues" when u were googling and asking on forums before u brought your fish home! Thanks for the ID Convict,, which was the original question... Anyone else have any ideas?

Haha I said I do that now.... The past is the past

And paint that background

;)

Last edited:
Mogurako said:
Looks like a normal Borleyi to me, I don't know if it's the angle of the picture but it looks to squatty to be a peacock.

Oh he is absolutely squatty lol. I was watching the fish the other day and he came swimming up and I was thinking "where did this guy come from?" he used to be totally black so much so that I couldn't see him against the background and now his face is super blue, with a bit of red on his body... I'll let him mature some more and see what he looks like then, might still have some Color changing to do :)

Wyomingite said:
+1. Little doubt in my mind it's C. borleyi.

WYite

Yes, I googled it :) I didn't know there were other color variations, I thought that they were all black with yellow or orange fins haha! Silly me :D

AndrewsPistol said:
Yes, I googled it :) I didn't know there were other color variations, I thought that they were all black with yellow or orange fins haha! Silly me :D

There's tons of locational variants, some are pretty darn stunning.

Back
Top Bottom