I Think im ready to start

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

choupic

Aquarium Advice Activist
Ok I think im ready to start.What I have is.

EQUIPMENT

55 gal tank
Aquac remona skimmer mj1200
2 SEIO Super Flow Pump 820 GPH
Aqua-tech 30-60 power 330 gph filtration
submersible heater 200 watt
Test kit
refractomter

MATERIALS GETTING
50 gals of distilled water till I get r0/di filter
100LBS OF LIVE SAND EBAY
60LBS BASE ROCK HIROCKS.COM
20LBS LIVE ROCK EBAY

I will sand fill half way then add base rock then the rest is this right?
Do i put on pumps and filters or not, and what temp I should use?
Any thing else needed to start cycling.

choupic said:
I will put sand first then add water half way then add base rock is this wright?

I guess it depends on if you have the Sand and LR and stuff already... I ordered my LR from LiveAquaria, and it should arrive Thursday... so I'm going to add my Base Sand (40 lb) and 3/4 tank of RO Water tonight or tomorrow... Let the Sand Settle a bit, and make sure my Salinity and Temp is good, (while running PH's) then on Thursday, I'm going to dump in my Live Sand (20 lb) and add my LR (80 lbs) - top off as needed and start my cycle then.

Not sure if that's the BEST way, but I think that's what I'm thinking about now...

Sw2

I'm interested in LiveAquaria's live rock myself, could you let me know how it turns out?

~MacLeod

78 degrees is a good place to start.

be sure that if you have sand in the tank, you add SW. If you add fresh, then add salt you'll end up with fresh water trapped in your sand, which won't grow the right bacteria.

macleod said:
I'm interested in LiveAquaria's live rock myself, could you let me know how it turns out?

~MacLeod

Yep, will be here tomorrow (Thursday)... I have my Substrate, Water and Salt already in the tank waiting for the Rock to arrive...

SW2

Back
Top Bottom