I think my guppy is going to pop!! Lol

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

etty82

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have been watching her for a few days and she has been acting normal. But today she's been aggressive to the other fish and hanging around the heater. Is she finally going to give birth??

image-1589921552.jpg

I wouldn't say that its time just yet. She doesn't looked squared off but she is pretty gravid. Just be patient it will happen, good luck! :)
Oh and of course
~*Welcome to AA*~

Thanks hun. She started squaring off last night before I went to bed. I have just checked on her now and it's more prominent. I'm thinking (or is that hoping lol) the next 2 days :)

Nope. The signs are all there she's just refusing to drop lol

Just an update. She is in a breeding tank and it looks like today is the day. But looked in my main tank last night and look what I found from my blue tailed female.

image-1656163051.jpg

Female Guppy

I have been watching her for a few days and she has been acting normal. But today she's been aggressive to the other fish and hanging around the heater. Is she finally going to give birth??

View attachment 118302

Hello etty...

I keep large tanks of Fancy Guppies and the best way to encourage your female to drop her fry is to do a large water change and use slightly warmer replacement water. I change half the tank water weekly and use slightly warmer water. Many times, this results in new fry. The addition of pure, treated tap water and the warmth will help.

You should also start feeding all the fish in the tank a little more food and feed a little more often. I've found that well fed adult fish show little or no interest in the fry. Probably the reason I have such a high fry survival rate. The added food will also be good for the new ones.

B

Woke up this morning to 2 lil swimmers :)

image-3412069751.jpg

image-2075099127.jpg

Thank you. On last count there's about 40 and she still hasn't finished. This is the biggest set we've had.

New Tankmates

Thank you. On last count there's about 40 and she still hasn't finished. This is the biggest set we've had.

Hello etty...

Now's a good time to put a combination of dry fish foods together in a small sandwich bag and use a rolling pin or something similar to crush the food into a powder and feed the new ones about every 2 to 3 hours. Just feed what will be eaten in about 1 minute. The little ones grow quickly with several feedings a day. Also, feed the rest of the fish a little more. Well fed adult fish typically have no interest in the fry.

B

Hi BB I've already done the food and the babies are in a completely separate tank from the adults to minimise loss. I've left the mother in the breeding net to let her recover before I introduce her back in with the ever sexually frustrated males lol. How long do you think I should wait before moving her back in?

Oh and there is roughly 50 babies so I don't think we've done bad considering we typically have 20-30

Back
Top Bottom